Preteen heartache

So Boy Wonder is set to go with his dad yesterday, for the first time in several weeks. He didn't want to go for his last visit because Toad and his girlfriend were going to a big college championship football game and BW just doesn't care for football. He'd rather be drawing. But the even bigger reason is because he hates his dad's girlfriend. So needless to say, when I casually mentioned that they were going to her house for part of the weekend, he went ballistic. His chief complaints are that they are physically inappropriate in front of him (I'll spare you the details, but his new name for his dad is The Pervert - but keep that mum, please); that she calls BW Honey and "she's NOT my mom"; that the Toad doesn't pay any attention to him when they are together, watch movies that he isn't allowed to watch but make/encourage him to watch with them as a "family" (e.g. some of the more graphic PG-13 movies)...you get the picture. He's really, really angry over all of this. I've tried to talk to the Toad, but, as Boy Wonder said yesterday, he lies - says he won't do something and then does it anyway. And then he says "you know, mom, I'm surprised you haven't done something about it by now". He knows his mother well; screw with me and I can handle it, but mess with my Boy Wonder and I'll rip your head off and feed it to you for breakfast. Or start praying for you *sigh*.

Okay, I'm off to work on class schedules for Summer and Fall over coffee at my favorite place.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds