So Boy Wonder has been battling the flu all week. I stayed home with him up until yesterday - he seemed to be doing much better, no fever, so we thought he'd be back up and at school by today. Staying home yesterday was just a precaution, or so we thought. Last night his fever returned to a new high of 102. So I bathed him in alcohol and continued to check his temp until about 1am. This morning he's back down to 99, thank goodness, but I'm staying home with him just in case. And of course now I'm fighting tooth-an-nail against getting the full-fledged flu. I've got the razor blades in the throat feeling, and a nasty chest-cough, which send my chiari over the edge and gives me a lovely moose-sized headache. So I'm investing heavily in DayQuil and praying for the best. I just don't have time to be sick.

So throughout all of this I make regular calls to mom and dad to let keep them updated on Boy Wonder. Nothing makes me feel as good in times like this as talking to one of them and knowing that they love and care about us. They have helped me raise my son, really, and I wouldn't trade anything for that. I try not to think about the day when I will be without them, but I know when that day comes they would not dream of leaving Jesus' side for anything.

I read this in a devotional yesterday:
"It is when heaven's heights are in full view that the gates of hell are the most persistent and full of deadly peril." Wow - what an image. The enemy's last ditch effort to run us down, take our joy, ruin our soul. But, as always, He has a response...

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Gal. 6:9)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds